View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 07:27 AM   #40
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Well, word count or page count is fine by me. I've never seen word count except in the context of publisher/author.

Maybe we should standardize on reading time using a standard AI model.
I just read a non-fiction book where you had to consider every sentence individually.
Contrast that with some fluffy book with fast running dialog.

Some page counts I've seen have been padded enormously using formatting that has a "page" per footnote or photo. Also, some books have free excerpts of other books at the end.

Yes, it would be easy to have bots do word count. This is all part of the lack of metadata for books everywhere. Neither Gutenberg or OverDrive has year of original publication. Is that too much to ask?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote