View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #43
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
it's been a while since I've seen real hardware failure outside of dead HDD's or dodgy dimms.
You should try working for a school then. I've seen lots of bad RAM, lots of bad motherboards, hard drives and of course power supplies. I've only had maybe three bad CPUs.

I think they're trying to make it like TVs. Nobody fixes TVs anymore--you just throw out the old and buy new. That's what they want with computers because too many of us poor folks hang on to our computers for years. (I personally build my own and have a high(er)-end CPU in a cheaper motherboard.)
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote