View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #9
ShainaRichmond
Hoping to improve!
ShainaRichmond began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I'm new to self-publishing as well (I already posted an intro on the newbie forum) and I'm frustrated about covers. I'm still confused, even after reading these posts.

I used to be an accountant at an ad agency where we constantly purchased from iStock and other websites. I know that the rights to the images actually belonged to our clients, because the images were used in their promotional material and we passed our cost through to them.

I know I probably shouldn't be freaking out about it so much, but I'm really afraid to buy a stock photo and edit it for my own use. But I need to do something! I don't want to pay someone to do it for me. I know a lot about graphic design. I'm extremely frustrated because I'd like to move to Smashwords Premium. Can't do it without a freakin' cover. It's not even about making money. I just started writing recently and I'm shocked at how much I love it. I've had a lot of downloads in a short period of time. I want to move to premium!!!

Anyway, back to my original thought - I need a cover.

I'm going to go ahead and buy an image and start editing it. I'm not sure I'll upload it though. I'm afraid. I'm very familiar with licensing agreements, and they frighten me.

Thanks,
Shaina
ShainaRichmond is offline   Reply With Quote