View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #14
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
The label wasn't for having a different viewpoint; it was for recommending a book directly opposed to the purpose of the thread, with apparent attempt to declare that the books actually being sought are morally or philosophically wrong.

If someone asked for good romance ebooks, a recommendation for a neurobiology book that declares that emotions are meaningless chemical interactions would not go over well.

You jumped into a religious-books request with an off-topic recommendation for a book that's disrespectful or hateful towards religions. How is that "no ill will?"

Are you saying that, if the Mormon church is racist, it's okay for you to be prejudiced against its members? That you're not a bigot if they're bigger bigots?

I have no love for the Mormon church--but I don't try to prevent its members from finding spiritual reading material. And I don't suggest that they should read something opposed to their religious beliefs.
My book suggestion was very much on topic as it discusses various viewpoints about religion. Having a different take on a subject does not infer hate and I certainly have none towards you or anyone from any religion. I will say that most religous people are highly intolerant of anyone not sharing their views. I believe Jesus taught compassion and understanding. Not dogma and intolerance
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote