View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 10:06 AM   #15
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post
The price isn't too bad. Between $210 - $270.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAA#ps-sellers
One of the problems I found in scanning pages from books was bleed through from the other side. It messed up the ocr program. That and the reluctance to cut books apart to get a flat page. Has anyone had much success with the bleed through problem?
With the Opticbook 3600, I've only had problems with bleed through on a few books, and the one with the worst bleed through was something printed in 1850, very small type and very black ink. With the Opticbook's scanner utility, you can adjust the brightness, contrast and image gamma so that the bleed through is minimal.

When I bought it a few years ago, it came with the ABBYY FineReader 6 Sprint edition, but I'd guess that a new one would probably be FineReader 8 or 9. I upgraded to the full version, I'm not sure what the difference between Sprint and full editions are.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote