View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 07:47 AM   #43
Fitzwaryn
Connoisseur
Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yes it is a big deal.

As it is right now when I convert to lrf using Book Designer I still have to maintain the original version of the file on disk in case I need to create an IMP version for my girlfriend or if a new Reader comes out from some other company that I switch to from the Reader and have to use some other destination format.

Having a book in a dead-end format that I can't extract anything from means there's no point at all in even keeping a copy of the LRF once it's copied to the Reader. Copy it to the Reader then delete it from disk and just keep the original source file in whatever format it was in. Makes lrf nothing more than a transitional format for moving books to the Reader and NOT a format in which a book can be stored.

So, a movement towards being able to extract a book FROM lrf format is a pretty significant move at least for me and, I suspect, for others as well.
Fitzwaryn is offline   Reply With Quote