View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #15
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Most of the code in vte seems to be dedicated to translating characters and intelligent mechanism to get a responsive terminal even if you have several of them opened. On the emulator the problem is to get characters correctly on the screen. Most of them are printed as black rectangles unless you do an 'ls -R /media' after which the text is correctly visible on the emulator most of the time. The cursor is also not properly shown, so using vi is very difficult.
On the DR I did not get it to work at all. I am not sure if I can install it properly maybe some components are missing, but I am not getting any proper feedback.
So although VTE seems like a nice library to get ported on the DR, it is too difficult for me :-(. I will look for some easier libraries, maybe it is easier to port rxvt or mrxvt to gtk (for me). More experienced 'porters' could get a better look at it.

To Grimulkan: it is not a display refreshing problem that I have, it is more deep in the code somewere. I am not getting the correct things on the screen.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote