View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 12:39 AM   #5
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbin View Post
I'm always performing the same fixes to my epubs before reading them, and I was wondering if there's a way to automatize all the work (or at least part of it).

The operations I normally do manually within calibre's editor are:
— "beautify" all the files (this is needed mainly for the searches&replaces to work properly)
— fix the ellipsis in all text files
— remove line-height and text-alignment: justify in all the css
— set all non-zero values for text-indent to 1em
— some other stuff very similar to the previous points

I already have a bunch of saved searches, but given that all these operations don't require discretion, is there a plugin or a smarter way to manage all this?

Thanks
I have no idea how to answer your question, but I just wanted to say, "OMG, there's someone out there besides me who fixes ellipses!" (I also remove line-heights and set non-zero text-indents to 1em unless it's a hanging indent with a negative value), but it was your comment on ellipses that got me. Poorly formatted and inconsistent ellipses drive me crazy, and now I feel better because I'm not the only person in the world who fixes them.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote