View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #473
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taza View Post
That sounds good thank you.

I'm using Linux Mint
@Taza - I don't have my Mint system available at the moment, its screen has failed

Ideally you want a comic book reader with an option to save the current image (ie the cover you want to use) to a file. I did a quick search and the nearest I found was MComix which has an option to copy the current image, which you would then need to paste into an image editor and then save as a file - maybe the developer could add a save to file option (wouldn't be hard).

I did find a reader with a save current picture option called HoneyView, but its for Windows, although it will apparently run under Wine

So let's assume you save the cover you want to use from your .CBR file to abc.jpg on your desktop. When you create the new format via conversion you would load abc.jpg into the Change cover image field (by using the blue browse button) and do the conversion. That will make abc.jpg the cover for the the output book, I would then remove abc.jpg from the desktop.

However abc.jpg will also become the book cover within calibre - ie it will be what you'll see in the Book Details panel, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219055

A number of the CBR readers are open source (like calibre) and they are written in python (like calibre) so...

That's about the best I can come up with

I owe you a thank you, I can make good use of a Comic Book reader within a photo archive project I'm working on, some of them are better than what I've been using - Faststone's Maxview

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-30-2013 at 07:25 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote