View Single Post
Old 05-08-2023, 07:13 PM   #10
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I much prefer Android, but there is no ereader software that compares.
That's too harsh. Moon+ Reader Pro definitely compares to Marvin, and is clearly even better than Marvin in some crucial aspects (such as themes management, or annotations syncing – unfortunately, it's single-platform syncing only).

In other crucial aspects, Marvin is better than Moon, but overall, I would rate both of them at 3 ˝ stars out of 5. They are both very good, but not really professional-grade, despite what Moon's advertisements keep saying. At least Moon is still being actively developed, unlike Marvin. However, there is no really efficient way of communicating with Moon's developer in Taiwan, unfortunately, even though he does politely, albeit briefly, respond to user feedback submitted via emails.

PocketBook is pretty decent, and its biggest asset is that it's cross-platform, which includes e-ink devices, including those of its own fine PocketBook brand, and that's just great. The e-ink devices are really nice, much better (much more versatile) than Kindles in my experience. However, PocketBook e-ink devices are closed universe, just like Kindle or Kobo (or Apple in non-e-ink sphere), and that is their biggest drawback compared to Android e-ink devices such as those astounding new ones from Onyx Boox. Also, if you look at PocketBook only as single-platform software, it's definitely not as good as either Marvin or Moon.

So, that leaves us with BookFusion. My highest hopes are pinned on it as the best potential future cross-platform replacement for both Marvin and Moon+ Reader, and Adobe Reader and GoodReader as well. BookFusion's development seems to be advancing pretty swiftly, and its developer skillachie has been very responsive to user feedback both here on MobileRead and elsewhere. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Last edited by Faterson; 05-08-2023 at 07:17 PM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote