View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 12:57 AM   #727
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cur1ous View Post
hi there,

the plugin is great as a meta data source and I'm loving it. I just got one gripe with it.
Most of the time when downloading meta data it gives me not only the original author but also the translator as an author. (This is especially a problem since my ebook reader often only shows the translator as the author).
Is there a way to only get the original author as meta data?
Alternativly is there a way to deactive goodreads as the source for author meta data?

best regards!
The simplest option is to just turn off populating the Authors field from metadata. Just click on Configure Download Metadata, then in the top right is the "Metadata fields to download" and untick the first one of Authors. Note that turns off authors for all plugins, not just Goodreads (you cannot turn off authors as an individual field for a specific plugin only).

I had started typing text explaining why it isn't possible to get just the main author back from Goodreads. Then in double checking my facts on this I discovered a way I could do it. Given someone had raised an issue for this on GitHub for me I will take the opportunity to sort that out. The Goodreads plugin has a "Get all contributing authors" setting in it's configuration page but it doesn't really do anything meaningful at the moment due to how the data scraping method got changed. However I now think I can find a way to properly respect that... expect a new plugin version soon...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote