Thread: Wanted features
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 02:20 PM   #148
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
Luckily a conversion with Calibre to, say, epub is really a non-issue.
Have you *tried* to use Calibre to convert from .lit?

It takes forever. In some cases I have been waiting 25 minutes for a single file to convert. Then I stopped the conversion and used commandline utility called convertlit. With convertlit the same file takes a few seconds. When I asked Kovid, he said that Calibre checks for more things and his conversion does better job and that he is satisfied with the speed of conversion. So I installed lit2epub package and wrote shell script that converts all .lit files in directory.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote