Thread: Error on import
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@amalthia. Sometimes HTML has bugs in it that can cause parsing to hang. Can you keep an eye on the memory/cpu usage of your computer when you are importing the html to see if it is indeed one of these problems.

Another was to get more detailed debug output is to run the import from the command line as

calibredb.exe add "C:\path to the\html\file.html"

Or you could just opena ticket and attach the html file in question
Last night I decided to zip the file before I uploaded it to Calibre and it worked perfectly.

It also converted to LRF without problems. However, I am curious to see why I had to zip the file first in order for Calibre to import it so I'll do as you suggested with the debugging.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote