View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 05:02 PM   #143
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Page 2 looks fine (images 0_0.png and 1_1.png)

The rest have the margin problem.
The margin problem I thought you had was the text being pushed off the screen to the right and being clipped/chopped. I can (and will) live with the image having white space on both left and right sides (this is a restriction imposed by keeping the screen aspect ratio , and that's OK!)

Quote:
So I have a theory, well I'm pretty sure actually this is the problem.

If you look at the image size (width only) Image 0_0 and 1_1 are 584 pixels wide. (Both are on page 2)
Images 2-4 have an image width of 552 pixels. So slap an image in an HTML that is 584 guess what you'll get margins. I bet if you center the images you'll get even margins on both the left and right side.
To center the image all I would have to do is make the <p> tag be <p align="center"> around each portrait image. Doesn't work well with landscape mode, though.

Quote:
The only way you'll get rid of the margins is to stretch the image to 584 pixels. My recommendation is that you do so but make this feature togglable by the user.
No, that's a no-no! Don't stretch the image or else the aspect ratio will be off (and you'll get the 4:3 on 16:9 TV problem)

Quote:
A couple notes. I recommend you center the image and also add a page break after each image or else you get smaller images bunched up on one page.
The centering can be fixed as per above using the <p align="center"> tag, but the page break would seem unnecessary as the most recent Sony inspired PDFRead update (v1.8.2.1) makes all short pages be 754 tall and hence no "bunching" up. I think.

Quote:
I've attached the my modified ePUB. I've stretched the last image to see if the margins disappear. They do but the image does not look so good.
Also I've added a page break after image 1 and 2.
=X=
And behind curtain #1, an epub file, wait where is it, behind curtain #2, no maybe behind #3, uh,....

Last edited by nrapallo; 11-17-2008 at 11:42 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote