View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #88
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by siebert View Post
But I've noticed that several tags are currently not handled by mobiunpack (e.g. 202-209, 300).

I'm would like to get some input about how mobiunpack should handle them. I doubt that mobigen/kindlegen supports all these tags (if any), but there are already tags that will be exported to the opf file despite they are ignored by mobigen/kindlegen (e.g. the ASIN).

Are there other tools which actually support these tags and use the values or are they just for information?

In the latter case I would like to mark them as such (for example by putting them into a comment section) to make clear that their value won't affect the generated mobi.

Another solution would be to define a new list of ignored tags, so it's clear that we are aware of those tags but deliberately don't include them in the opf file.
I think that idea of exporting all the information in the EXTH tags, even if only as comments, is a very good one.

We could have a list of tags for export as comments, where we have some idea of what the tags mean, and then also do a simple dump into comments of any completely unknown tags.

The plan (if it can be called that) behind the opf generation was to add as much info from the EXTH as possible that was valid in an OPF file, whether of not KindleGen would use it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I do have some test files with multiple authors.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote