View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 09:27 AM   #10
akasha
akasha began at the beginning.

Device: Onix Boox T76ML Carta+
Thanks for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
Fragility: it is a very solidly built reader. It is built like a high-end tablet (including metal case) rather than like most e-Readers. Far better than my previous eReaders (PocketBook 360, then Onyx-Boox i62HD).
Thanks. It is helpful.

Quote:
On the topic of Android version, if you want an eReader with newer-than-4.0, you may wish to look at the Russian variant of the Kepler Pro, the Monte Cristo, which comes with 4.2, and which they also sell through their US subsidiary (MC3 listed on their website, but only MC2 currently listed for sale).
The Monte Cristo 3 on the Onyx site has half the internal storage & RAM. Which is part of the reason I counted it out when I started looking at Onyx.

Quote:
The only major issue I have with the Kepler Pro is its button placement. The buttons are placed on the sides of the eReader closer to the top than to the bottom, which I get around by reading with my eReader permanently inverted (which Alreader allows), and the sides of the eReader curve back, meaning that the buttons are slightly recessed behind the front of the reader, making it slightly tricky to get a registered 'press' of the button without it registering as a 'long press'. (The MC comes with completely different buttons, which I have not tried, nor can I even remember reading a review of.)
I appreciate your thoughts on the button placement. I am with you that lower placement seems more logical. Though interesting about flipping it with Alreader! I will definitely keep that in mind.
akasha is offline   Reply With Quote