View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 04:52 AM   #53
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
ADE is the most used software for reading ePub.
Really? I even didn't know it existed and thought that Adobe Digital Editions was a specific Adobe DRM implementation.

Removing ePub support from this plugin because ADE does not render soft hyphens would be like removing a CSS3 editor from an HTML application because some specific browser does not support it well.

I think it would be more constructive to ask Adobe to implement soft hyphens into ADE. BTW I'll install and check it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
But it depends if they have a device that handles ePub and displays the hyphens. Most probably won't display the hyphens.
Soft hyphens are a part of the standard. Implementing or not implementing a specific feature is a eReader design choice (or bug!).

Last edited by pirl8; 03-28-2013 at 05:17 AM.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote