View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Fair point. The physical soft hyphens added by the plugin do cause problems with the search-within-book function of the Kobo. It's not something I use very often so I didn't think to test. The soft hyphens added by the Kobo's own software don't appear to cause search problems.

I guess every reader of German, or other language with really long words, would have their own opinion whether hyphenation or search was more important to them.
But it depends if they have a device that handles ePub and displays the hyphens. Most probably won't display the hyphens.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote