View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #12
fglaysher
Connoisseur
fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fglaysher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader & Aluratek Libre Touch
Copying directly to the Sony Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Fred--

You may already know this, but just in case...

You can copy and paste your folders onto your SD card through Windows Explorer--the reader will see them. Unfortunately, though, it will still sort them as it sees fit--does not recognize folder structure. If you try this, the first time you turn your reader on after copying all the files over, it'll probably take a very long time to start up, as the reader will go through every file and index it according to it's own sorting system.

dordale
=---

Thanks for mentioning it. I have done tried that, which as you say, dordale, just dumps the books all together. Then finding the one you want from several hundred takes forever....

I think it's a valid question to ask why does Sony makes it possible to have several formats and disk space up to 16 Gigs, when it's impossible to really use it! Many people here on mobileread seem to be dealing with the problem by ONLY putting a relatively few books on it at a time. Which means we constantly have to switch books in and out to be able to find them in a usualable way.

I book my Sony Reader last March and have been hoping Sony would fix this particular problem but they just don't seem to care!

If anyone knows a hack around the problem, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Fred
fglaysher is offline   Reply With Quote