View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 06:11 PM   #40
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
trekk, if your oasis has the invert white on black feature, can you try testing something for me? Load the two public domain books attached. 1) Open the white on black version, look it over, then 2) open the normal version and turn on the kindle's white on back feature. Can you tell me whether they look the same or different, and if so, how?

Thanks
OK, I like Kafka. He must have been an ancestor of Philip K. Dick

1) the white on black version without inversion:

Looks nice, very readable, contrast excellent, depending on the light intensity. Shows an annoying 5-6 mm white frame around the text. Flashes very unpleasently when refreshing, especially when reading in the dark.

2) normal version with inversion:

Same as 1), BUT no annoying white frame, the whole screen is black with white text. The refresh is very subtil and pleasent, even in the dark.

If you want my opinion about the visual display only, I find the display of the characters very crisp and the fonts very readable in both variants.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote