View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #13
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitech_luddite View Post
Rather than exposing people to a greater wealth of material, ebook reading seems for some to be narrowing their scope more than ever, meaning there are difficult choices to be made for the writer.
In my experience the arrival ebook readers and widely available ebooks has had the exact opposite effect. I've found myself reading a wider variety of authors and genres than before. While I still love Science-Fiction and Fantasy I've sampled and enjoyed detective fiction, thrillers and even *gasp* paranormal romances on my Kindle.

I've delved into unread classics just because they're free and easy to download. Plus, with my Kindle no one can see that a big oaf like me is reading Jane Eyre.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote