View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 04:31 PM   #8
kyôdai
Zealot
kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
It would be the perfect size for manga or smaller pocketbook style comics like Stories from Duckburg etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Color on a 7.8" is beginning to look interesting. Acceptable size for comics and pdf with big color photographs.
Yeah, I kinda do not see that.

Mangas are like 99% black and white.
As with textbooks it does not make much sense to sacrifice the much better display quality of a reagular e-reader for 1 coloured cover page...

And most coloured comics are a lot bigger then a 7.8" screen. European comics are almost twice as big.

15,8 x 11,8 cm - 7,8" Display
25,7 x 16,8 cm - Marvel / DC Comics
29,5 x 22,0 cm - European Comics (Asterix, Luck Luke, etc.)

On top of that you get faint colors, a meager 100ppi and you have to crank up the light to get at least some contrast.

Don't get me wrong. I would like to have an e-Ink device for comics. But this is not it, yet.
kyôdai is offline   Reply With Quote