View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #7
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
3 more to try. Here is what's going on with these files.

ereader files are comprised of 3 basic parts, pdb header, ereader header and data. The pdb header which specifies the internal format type and the layout of the data sections. The first section is the ereader format header. It specifies a lot of information such as format version, compression. Most importantly it specifies what type of data is in each of the remaining sections. I know what 10 of the sections are and what kind of value they should have. However, there are 27 sections.

What I'm doing is inspecting the data in the 17 unknown sections in various files from different sources and I'm looking for patterns on the differences in their values. Some are easy to spot, they have the same value no matter what file or application built them. Some are harder. As I analyze the values I'm adjusting the output of my writer and hoping I get it right.
Attached Files
File Type: pdb mytest.pdb (1.8 KB, 561 views)
File Type: pdb newsweek.pdb (436.4 KB, 588 views)
File Type: pdb hc.pdb (139.7 KB, 538 views)
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote