View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 10:07 AM   #7
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Yes there are reasons and opportunities to NOT have the Echo-Dot read to you. After all mankind has managed for many millennia without an Amazon assistant, but there are times when it could be convenient to have that capability.

a) For example, the next time I poke or abrade my cornea out in the brush or in the Gym. I have done that a few times for sure. Interestingly the last time, which was about a year ago, I found out the treatment had changed, and they no longer recommended that the eye lid be immobilized to aid tissue repair.
b) When you just wish to let your eyes rest.
c) While working around the house, inside or outside and choosing to learn something rather than just listening to some kind of "garage music."
d) I sometimes use compression software to speed up audio and video conference reports. Echo-Dot might be able to handle the speed control without me manipulating the computer by hand. -- that would be a help.

... and so on.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote