View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:05 AM   #38
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Sorry for the tardiness.
I'm using a Kindle generation 3 or Keyboard. Hence, I have a physical keyboard.
When I first tried it out and placed the cursor next to a Japanese word 不織布 it looked it up fine. Then I press the Back key to make the cursor disappear. When I then tried to look up a second word, a few pages later, it only did a search on the first Kanji it encountered. If this is due to page turns or Back key, I don't know. But after that it was the same, no matter which word I put the cursor on I only got the first Kanji of the word, and as you know, that is pretty useless capability.
I can't do any dictionary searches sine there is no built in support for Japanese in the K3. If it would be possible to support the kind of Romaji input that is available on www.jisho.org that would certainly enhance its usefulness. But the most important part is getting it to search for more than the first Kanji.

No, I don't expect to get daily EDICT updates, but perhaps every three months? Actually, the EDICT could do with a bit of editing since there are way too many double posts. But that would have to be done on a crowd sourced basis.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote