View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #22
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I'd never heard of wi-drive so I googled it and found it to be a Kingston product which bodes well. The application which allows sharing seems to look good but when you read the information you find that its extremely limited... eg; "Open in" only works with documents. The reviews also suggest that its not quite what its cracked up to be. So the drive... excellent stuff... but the app seems crap. No idea what an alternative would be

I use Plex server on my computer to stream video to the iPad or iPhone as I need it, but thats at home. If I want to go on a trip and watch a vid or two, I drop them into CineXplayer. To use a portable wireless drive would be great but without good applications, it seems a bit fraught. The reviewers generally thought so too, one of them even returned the drive as being unfit for use.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote