View Single Post
Old 04-21-2016, 06:24 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Ah-ha, the old blame the user trick. Once more people start building epub 3's, more people will be doing what I did.

What do we blame, Qt, Linux, the price of fish in Denmark. It'll be hard to pin this one on MS because I do it regularly in other several other programs every day. I know lets blame Google like the EU is for their failed mobile phone companies.
Little dramatic, don't you think? It's quite simple, actually. We blame Qt. Because it's Qt's file dialog call that is causing the crash. There is no magic, "please make Qt bring up a native file open dialog that won't crash on Windows when I right click inside of it" code There is only "bring up a file open dialog and return control to me after the user selects some files" code.

It could also be a combination of a misbehaving third-party shell extension and a Qt quirk.

And you're not the first to discover the right-click inside a Windows file dialog crash. There's been a few reports of it here and there (including from myself) along the way with Sigil. It just seems to be very machine specific.

This Qt bug report has been around since 2013 with people experiencing your right-click crash. Comments show people experiencing it with Qts ranging from 4.8.4 to as recent as Qt5.5.0 (with no resolution).
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-33119

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-21-2016 at 06:27 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote