View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 05:59 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Jon,

I believe that you are being over-pessimistic in generalising that ALL Mobi files have images which are too small.

Take a look at my "Sherlock Holmes Omnibus"; a number of the stories in that contain illustrations. See, for example, "The Dancing Men" or "The Golden Pince-Nex", both in "The Return of Sherlock Holmes". I think that you'll find those illustrations to be a perfectly acceptable size in my Mobi version.
I'm not talking about books we or someone else generates. I'm talking about books that are purchased with DRM. I'll show you a few images in one of Winston Churchill's first WWII book to show you how bad they really are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GatheringStorm_AERpdf.prc-2.gif
Views:	370
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	7450   Click image for larger version

Name:	GatheringStorm_AERpdf.prc-21.gif
Views:	358
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	7451   Click image for larger version

Name:	GatheringStorm_AERpdf.prc-26.gif
Views:	343