View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #59
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
no . amazon made a big thing out of the ability to download their movies to sd card, also it worked OK a few weeks ago. i tested when card was first installed.
i just googled and read enough to make me not want to troubleshoot - as others had been given the usual clear cache..re boot... etc runaround.
once i tested and found 1. netflix would save to card OK. 2, amazon video ( same shows) would save to internal storage OK, I decided it was not an issue I wanted to live with..
if I had to guess I'd say that amazon have screwed up getting android write permissions to external storage in their latest OS upgrade.. as other apps - Netflix, calibre Companion.. has no issues writing to that card., & the write I/O error is as soon as the download attempt begins
What version OS do you have? I have 5.6.0.0 and it downloads fine on my HD 10 and HD 8. It only took a few minutes for 1.82 gb on each. Did you get the error right away? Was the size of the download the same for both Amazon and Netflix?

I am having a weird error on the HD 8 when it wakes up from a long sleep. I get a message on the lockscreen that says my SD card was removed unexpectedly or something like that. When I go to settings I see the SD card is available. I just wiped the HD 8 a few days ago so there shouldn't be anything to cause problems. Maybe there is a problem with SD cards on the latest OS but it shows up differently for different people.

Edit: getting the error message on my HD 8 isn't after a long sleep, I get it after a short sleep too.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 12-23-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote