View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 06:06 PM   #26
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kndlewis View Post
Uh-oh. I'll have to check more carefully. I'm at work right now without a kobo on hand. I will check as soon as I get home.
It is definitely happening in 4.20.14622. I had noticed it before, but, hadn't worked out how to reproduce it consistently. I'm fairly sure it is new in the 4.20.x firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
My normal procedure with a new book is to open the book (which of course brings up the cover), then open the table of contents and go directly to Chapter 1. Is it doing this because the first thing that was opened was the cover image? or is it perhaps that the chapter title is an image instead of text?
Firstly, it is only affecting kepubs. Epubs do not have the image zoom function.

The problem happens when the book is opened to a page that is an image. It will be most commonly noticed when first opening the book as the start is usually an image. But, checking a book that has a text only first page, it didn't happen. And in another that had images further into the book (an omnibus with the covers for the books at the start of each book). I paged to one of these covers and closed the book. When I opened the book again, the zoom icon was shown but didn't go away when I went to the next page.

I think it needs the image to be the only thing in the internal html file. That Triggers different handling of the file and the image zoom icon should be shown instead of the font settings. But, this isn't being handled properly when paging through the book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote