Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #88
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
About the only thing is the length of time for the sleeping. The longest was about 10 hours. There might be something happening with longer times. Maybe the device wakes and does something after 12 or 24 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I think davidfor made a very interesting point. I've seen no (or some) battery drain a couple of times when I had the Glo sleeping but checked its battery within 10 hours. So maybe it's a valid point... something going on after a certain amount of hours in sleep – which is in the firmware for the newer devices. This would explain perfect battery life for older devices ("old"/other firmware), and it would also explain why only some of us with newer devices are seeing the battery troubles (not everyone sleeps their device >10 hours).
I'm following this thread with interest, although rest assured that the Mini doesn't show this behaviour. The long sleep seems to occur quite often with poor battery Glos indeed and it would be a good idea to investigate further that way.
The device has to monitor for how long it has been sleeping to be able to shut down after the set amount of minutes/hours, hasn't it? (even though the setting is on "never"???)

I don't remember quite right: did some of you try to shut down the Glo when you're not going to read for more than 5 hours, say? If so, do you notice the same battery drain?
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote