View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:09 AM   #35
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
I (mostly) stopped browsing in bookstores to discover books long before I got an e-reader. Despite occasional serendipitous discoveries, browsing was not really that efficient, and once I discovered Amazon and the online catalog of my local library, browsing as a way of finding books became much less common. By the time I was interested in an e-readers, buying books from the internet was already well established.

In general, discovering books on the internet is far superior to browsing; there are far more books at Amazon than at even the largest bookstore. And it is easy to find out more about the book if you are trying to decide...as opposed to how I've spent a huge amount of my browsing time, which is standing in the shelves, holding a book, and trying to decide if it's worth buying.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote