View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
CoopersTroopers
CoopersTroopers began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I've got a non-resident card for the Philadelphia Free Library and while their selection isn't huge it does seem to be growing. I do notice that a lot of books have a wait and most have only one or two copies. I do wish for the new books they're adding they'd go all ePub (or both), but they do add some books as PDF only. They default to 21 days, but I always choose 7. It's too bad they don't default it to 7 and make you pick the longer, but... It would be nice if you could somehow manually return the books too.
Even with digital, the library still has limited license to the number of copies of a book. That's why they can only lend out a handful (3-5 it seems for most titles I've seen) at a time despite there not really being the same physical limitation.

On TPL's OverDrive, you can set a personal preference for the default loan period (7, 14, or 21 days; 21 being the default). Dig around, maybe PFL or OPL has a similar option buried in your preferences. Manual book return through ADE if PFL uses that as well.
CoopersTroopers is offline   Reply With Quote