View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 06:10 PM   #9
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
I've only patched my Kobo Glo HD once before. How can I take over all the changes I've made in the old patch files? Can I just copy the files into the new patcher folder?
No, unfortunately it is not as simple as that. In general you will need to re-do your customisations for the new patches, i.e. make the same changes to the new version of the patch that you did for the old version.

It might help to record a comment in the patch file each time you make a change, tagged with something you'll recognise. Then when you come to update the firmware and patch you can search through the old patch files for your tag and find the changes you made.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote