Thread: MobileRead May 2010 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #140
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
A Passage to India is the only Forster book I've read. I have no idea if any of his others would be to my liking.
Well, Forster is very much concerned with personal relationships and character portraits. I've not much of an idea of your reading habits, but I doubt Forster will be your new author de jour

As for works by him that you might enjoy there's "The machine stops", which was a recent winner of the monthly book club vote here - you might try it - it's rather different from his other stories. I was quite amazed by it - and it made me change my mind (quite a feat )

There's also the short story collection "The Celestial Omnibus" which I find both funny and interesting.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote