View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
arthro
arthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud ofarthro has much to be proud of

Device: iriver story hd
pretty confusing experience

Hi,
I recently got a Kindle4 Notouch, and jailbroke it with what seemed to be the latest kit. What I got was the Tequila Sys Diags v1.0.6.210

So, I was happy to get into the Diags, but then was taken over by sadness. Navigating the Diags was quite confusing with none of the buttons doing what I expected them to do.

The "FW Left" designation seemed to be a total red herring. What I think it means - correct me if I am wrong - is the "Page Forward" button on the left side of the screen: nothing to do with the buttons on the bottom panel. That's what I thought. It never did anything. Even if I waited for a reaction. God knows how I got the Jailbreak working in the first place.

The Diags Menu seems to be controlled by magic, and not necessarily the keys it says.

However, I found the up and down keys on the bottoms panel behaved well enough, allowing me to go up and now on the menu. The letters, well, these ar eanother source of frustration - how can you key in a letter without a keyboard? (keyboard button did nothing).

Anyhow, what all this created within me was frustration and I started pressing all the keys willy-nilly. And, things started to get worse very quickly.

Now it's stuck in the Diags principal menu. NO keys work whatsoever. I can't get out. I can't reset or restart anything.

I'd welcome any comments on this experience. Many thanks.

Last edited by arthro; 09-03-2013 at 06:38 PM.
arthro is offline   Reply With Quote