View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_babyb View Post
I need a e reader or tablet that is under $100 plays games and reads outloud. This is for a dislexic (sp) child, aged 12. I am also looking for a second one that reads to you and has changable font. Its for my 78 year old grandma who is Not techinal savy. Also I am looking for a tablet that plays games,reads, and does word (or somthing simlar). this is for a college student writing a novel. ALl 3 must be under $100 each!
I don't think you're going to find anything in the tablet world to do all that for under $100. Closest I can think of, in a good tablet is the Nexus 7 at $199.
All eReaders will allow font changes either for size or type of font. They are more simple to use as well. The Kobo readers have a font available that is called "open dyslexic" which apparently is quite effective in aiding dylexics to read more easily. This font may be available on other brands of readers as well.
Kobo has 2 models in your price range, the Touch at $99 and the Mini at $79. They will not do text to speech however, you need at tablet for that as far as I know. Games as well would be very limited on a reader.
So really a tablet is your best bet for the children anyway, but I don't think it's realistic to think you can get one for anything near "under $100".
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote