View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
How did you save to disk? I'm installing directly from Adobe's website. It doesn't give me the option to save it to disk (or my desktop).
Well .... I think (maybe) that I found the problem. The flash player installer doesn't allow you to save to disk and then install ... it just installs to a specific location, and that's that. The thing that is odd is that the program doesn't install to the usual program site. It installs (apparently by default) to C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\http://www.macromedia.com\bin\digita...ditions1x5.exe

And, unless you have view hidden files and folders selected, you aren't going to see the Application Data folder.

It's a really strange sort of installation. I mean ... my Documents folder isn't on my C drive, and except for poking around in the shortcut, I would never have thought to look in the Documents folder there ... much less the Application Data folder. Nothing but nothing normally gets installed on C ... but there it is.

So, I hope that helps you find your copy of the program. Adobe really took the long way around to hide the silly thing.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote