View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 11:51 PM   #43
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Sounds like an attempt to lock in market share for their DRM protected commercial ebook offerings.
I agree... it doesn't make sense. But, then again Mobipocket is the most prevelently supported format in the means of content availability and supporting stores. So, they have a bit of leverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Of course, things might get interesting if the market decides DRM is counter productive and stops applying it...
If only. Although it won't be interesting it will be moot. If I can buy books sans DRM I can pretty much convert them to the format my device needs. There really is no "one true format" like MP3 is for audio files. Although many hope ePub will become that format.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote