View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #11
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
That is a really great summary!

You seem to have all of the current DRM formats covered, bar Fictionwise's bizarre "secure eReader" format. However they also sell some ebooks in Multiformat, which is basically the same as Baen's Every Format Under The Sun method.

I can think of a few more e-stores that sell ADE DRM epubs (the UK's WHSmith and Waterstones, Romance publishers like Mills & Boon and Harlequin) and a lot of small e-stores that sell various DRM-free formats (Book View Cafe, Wizard's Tower, Carina Press, Samhain Publishing etc.), but you have covered the main players and their formats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonofindy View Post
Additionally, no disparagement of Baen's work was meant when I described it as sci-fi instead of SF. Science fiction is a genre I enjoy. Until you mentioned it and I googled it, I actually had no idea that some considered the term "sci-fi" disparaging to the genre.
Yeah, the SciFi vs SF thing isn't really relevant anymore. Not since the advent of Skiffy and SyFy
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote