View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I take a reverse approach. I have a custom column labeled "Unread" that uses the star rating setup to indicate which books haven't been read. Whenever I add a book I haven't read yet but will someday, I assign one star to it (I have 949 books in that category). A book that needs to be higher up on my to read list gets two stars (there are 58 books there). Books on my immediate to read list gets three stars (that list has 7 books). Typically, these are new releases or books in a series I'm working my way through. When I finish a book, I delete the stars. Besides being more flexible than a mere yes/no column, it is easier for me to read at a glance. I use the tag browser to display which category I want to view. I can sort the "Unread" column itself if I want to view all the books that are unread. Clicking it twice moves the read books to the bottom of the list.

Post Edit: I just started using a fourth star for the book I'm currently reading on my computer/TV screen. That way, to quickly reopen the book on my computer, all I have to do is click on Unread in the Tag Browser, click on the four star entry, then double click on the book that pops up. Saves having to type in a title in the search field to find the book.

Last edited by Lady Fitzgerald; 03-07-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote