View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #10
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Well my requirements will be:

Ability to handle PDFs up to A4 size with abililty to write notes in the margins etc.--so the ipads screen is too small for my needs.

I need full ability to mark up PDFs, word documents and books. Who knows if we'll get apps for all of that on the iPad.

I need the stylus to be very precise as I write pretty small and have terrible penmanship--I've not had much luck writing on PDAs etc. in the past legibly. So a wacom screen with it's high precision may be a must for me. I'm very skeptical from demos that any capacitive stylus/screen would fit my writing style/needs.

But in any case, there's no chance I'll buy an iPad as after more thought the screen size kills it for me. I'll wait for a device with an A4 sized screen designed to be a document markup tool from the ground up.
Capacative is as accurate as anything else out there in terms of measuring where the nib is but no pressure support like you would get with Wacom.
Not sure what Demos you have seen? Im not even sure there IS a large screen capacative device yet is there?

Your definatly best to wait and see, maybe pop into an apple store once demos are out?

I dont know but imo you could be waiting forever for an A4 sized device with Wacom input and designed for document markup from the start...

The iPad seems to me the closest you would get in the next 6 to 12 months at least, plus if software is there then your not far off everything else you want..
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote