Thread: MobileRead 2015 Categories Poll
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #13
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Isn't there an error in the description for choice D? Post 67 should be removed from the reference posts.

I'm assuming since Post 46 is the last referenced post, this will be the list and the controversy of "Not modern fiction" vs. "Historical Fiction" will be determined by the normal nomination/voting.
Sorry for any confusion. I see 2 errors in the first post, both my fault.
1) The linked post should be the last post in the discussion thread that discussed that particular option. The error that I see in it is that it should reference post 72, not post 67 (post 67 is for option H and is linked there.) I had a copy/paste error when I linked to post 67, the link is correct but the text is incorrect.

2) It does appear that the list changed between post 46 and post 72 though. What several people wanted was "historical fiction" not "not modern fiction". That was the list that had consensus. I thought that post 72 was just a cleaned up list, not a different one, and missed the change. I should have either made it a separate item or asked for clarification. Because the list in post 46 had agreement from multiple people (posts 46, 49, 50, 51, 59) whereas only one person wanted "not modern fiction" (posts 37 and 72).

I have updated the first post to use the earlier list, not the one in post 72 and made the change clear in the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Although I wish the ambiguities were worked out before this poll was posted, I'm most likely going to vote for D.
You and me both. We had over a month to discuss and most of the comments only came in the last few days AFTER I said I would do a poll. We went from a few options to 9 and made it much more complicated.

Again, I am sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by Dazrin; 08-18-2014 at 12:09 PM. Reason: I have, not will have, updated...
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote