View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Wow. That's difficult. It's very difficult to compare across genres. Even just counting the books I have read and have in calibre (which is only my last dozen years of reading), I need to pick just 1 in 200. Since I don't have time to do a book-by-book comparison, I'll just have to pick those that come most readily to mind.

Jane Austen: Pride and Prejudice
Clifford D. Simak: Way Station
James Hilton: Good-bye, Mr. Chips
Lawrence Watt-Evans: The Misenchanted Sword
Rudyard Kipling: Kim
Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman: Good Omens
J R R Tolkien: The Hobbit
Lois McMaster Bujold: The Spirit Ring
Robert Louis Stevenson: Kidnapped
Diane Duane: So You Want To Be A Wizard?

I've re-read all of these at least once. That probably biases my list against recent books, since I won't have re-read any of them yet.

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-08-2013 at 07:05 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote