View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #24
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Richards View Post
The fact that books are generally much pricier in Australia than elsewhere has been complained about before. Anyone know precisely why?
I'd guess (purely a guess though) that it has to do with the print publishing industry in the past and the cost of operating a separate Australian branch (with separate rights, etc.) vs a smaller number of sales (smaller population) = increased costs. The publishing industry would find it perfectly logical to carry this over to digital books.

Of course I really have no idea, like I said just a guess.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote