View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
radiofishlips
radiofishlips began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 NT
Kindle 4 frozen on system diag

Hi All,

so i recently bought a kindle 4 its the non touch black version and after a few days use i decided i wanted to change the screensaver. so after a search on the net i found a few places with instructions about how to go about doing so.

after following said instructions i got to the point of conecting with SSH which didnt work for me ... even after turning on the USBnet and configing my network conection to the correct ip details i was getting a connection error message from putty. deciding i needed to do some more reaserch i backed out of the diag menu to the point where i had to chose the 'Exit Reboot or Disable Diags' which i went into used the Disable Diagnostics option and the device then flashed the screen back to the main system diag menu and it seems to have frozen there the dpad wont let me change selection nor will it enter the selected sub menu ...

it also wont register on my computer as a usbdevice or as a usb network conection.

anyone have any ideas on this or have any idea about a hardware reset option that may kick this into life for me

Cheers
Josh
radiofishlips is offline   Reply With Quote