View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #121
irandamay
irandamay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad 3, iPhone 5S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@irandamay - I have no idea how even installing "two copies" of the plugin is possible?
Me either! I attached some screenshots though... they are both there!

Quote:
You haven't been experimenting by writing your own plugin and copy/pasted in the Goodreads plugin name or something? Can you think of any other metadata download plugins you installed recently that were *not* by me?
Second question: No, I have only installed the Goodreads and the B&N plugins by you.

First question: Yes and no. Two years ago, I downloaded a Goodreads metadata plugin and was modifying it for some forgotten reason... it wasn't doing something that I had wanted at the time. I don't even remember if I installed it... I think I was still just testing it on the command line before I lost interest. Since that time, I restarted my Calibre library (did not uninstall the app, just moved the library directory aside, which is where I had the old copy of that plugin). I did not see the plugin in the step you had me perform below... only the Goodreads.zip and Barnes & Noble.zip. I pulled the old copy of the python file out of my Time Machine backup. The old plugin was called "goodreads" and was version 1.0.1 from author "tmcone". Both of the ones I have are listed are the most recent version of yours. They both only show up when I install your plugin from either the plugin manager or manually from the zip file, and they both go away when I uninstall one of them.

Quote:
Go to Preferences -> Miscellaneous -> Open calibre configuration directory. Bring open the plugins subfolder. Delete whatever Goodreads zip files you have in there (You can ignore "Goodreads Sync.zip" if you have it installed as that is a safely different plugin). Restart calibre and look at the list of plugins you have installed - does it still show Goodreads? If not, now install the Goodreads plugin again and you should be fine.
I followed these steps. The only things in there as mentioned above were Goodreads.zip and the B&N one. I deleted Goodreads.zip, restarted Calibre, confirmed that there was no Goodreads plugin showing, and reinstalled it. Now there are two again (the screenshots attached were taken after performing these steps).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20120715-ep8tdubhcnew9g422wkqinq1hu.png
Views:	572
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	89183   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120715-gmhx8yr1fdcp5wxp514hwy2b6c.png
Views:	556
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	89184  
irandamay is offline   Reply With Quote