View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Two Amazon accounts: One copy of Kindle for PC

Between us, Mrs L and I own two Kindles:

Mine was purchased in the US, and is registered to my account at Amazon.com, using my (legitimate) US business address.

The other was purchased in the UK, and is registered to our home address in the Scotland.

So far, no problem. But I have now been trying to install Kindle for PC on a laptop that we both use.

I downloaded the app from Amazon.Com, installed it, and registered it to my US account. That worked. But I can't see any way of changing the registration to my wife's UK account. When I enter her account credentials, it tells me that the account doesn't exist at Amazon.com, which of course is true.

So I tried uninstalling it, and downloading it again, but this time from Amazon.co.uk. Now, it correctly allowed me to register it to my wife's account, but not to mine.

Since you can't have two versions on the same computer, it seems you're stuck with either a UK or a US account, but not both.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Is there any way of pointing it to one Amazon site or the other? Or will I have to set it up on two separate computers?

Thanks in advance.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote