View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 03:46 AM   #18
diamante
piedra preciosa
diamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Oasis 6", Kindle Voyage, Sony PRS-350, etc.
Question

Now I've converted a series of eReader PDB e-books in which there are no soft scene breaks at all. In the original e-books, the first paragraph of each chapter is not indented while other paragraphs have first-line indentation. When I convert the PDBs to EPUB format, the first paragraph of each chapter looks fine, but instead of first-line indentation all other paragraphs are fully indented from the left margin.

Is this a bug, or do I just need to change some settings to get the EPUBs to come out like the originals? In addition to only indenting the first line of each paragraph except the first paragraph of each chapter, can I set Calibre not to insert extra space between paragraphs? This is not as important as the indentation issue, of course, but I'd like to see if I can get the converted e-books to look as much like the originals as possible.
diamante is offline   Reply With Quote