View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
roguefan99
Zealot
roguefan99 began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q7, and Kobo
Borders annoyed me when I ordered my kobo and it said "ship in 24 hours". It took a week to ship and the only way I could find out what was happening was emailing and waiting a day or so. It was pretty pathetic to not notify the customer what was happening, even though they had taken the money off my credit card.

As for the software, I find it terrible, slow and resource hungry. There has been no talk from Borders about the software update (and firmware update), which is making me considering just installing the kobo software to get around this. I wouldn't generally use the borders software apart from the fact that the firmware updates are delivered this way.

Oh another nice thing was I went looking for "Through the Looking Glass" to compliment "Alice in Wonderland" on my kobo. I knew that Gutenberg has it, and Borders "promotes" the free book thing, however when I searched for it they were all "charged" books. I eventually found it though the pages, an whilst I know they make money, it seems a bit harsh to sort them by price and then have the free stuff hidden.

Generally I have a low opinion of borders (especially after finding a couple of Calvin and Hobbes books in the store that were more expensive than the RRP and borders had put stickers over the RRP, needless to say I peeled the sticker and moved it so it was next to the RRP) and this has confirmed it.
roguefan99 is offline   Reply With Quote